I was invited to a wedding at a favorite place, The Langham Huntington, on Sunday. Funny because I was just there not too long ago.
I was excited to see the bride all dolled up with her white gown (so happy for you, Tammy)! Seeing this as an opportunity to get dolled up too, I anxiously looked through my wardrobe to select something where I can be appropriately dressed. You don’t want to wear anything that would take attention from the bride yet you want to look like you belong. Therefore, I came up with some tips to help other ladies who will be attending a wedding as a guest.
Dress :: Asos (similar here & here / cute)
Clutch :: Bebe (love this & this from Jimmy Choo, cute one from DVF, look for less)
Jewels :: Italian Silver Dangle Earrings (similar here), Sterling Silver Cuff (adore this by David Yurman, White Gold Diamond Ring (similar here)
Heels :: Zara (similar here, love this)
1. Floral or Pastel or something that says pretty and simple. Add a matching hat if its outdoors.
2. Light-colored suit (stay away from dark hues that look like you’re going to the office).
3. Refrain from wearing all black and, by all means, do not wear all white as it is reserved for the bride (printed dress with white background is okay). Stay away from red, or any overly bright colors, as well.
6. If it is a religious wedding, please do not wear anything sleeveless or strapless. But if you really do want to wear something sleeveless or strapless, wear a wrap or light sweater over your shoulders.
7. No matter how casual the wedding may appear to you, do not wear jeans.
The location was ideal for guests of about 150. We were greeted by a charming red bridge when entering the Japanese garden where the outdoor ceremony was held. We sat in a shaded area, which was plentiful with the amount of trees surrounding the courtyard, and was offered ice cold water for refreshments. The area was creatively decorated with the classic floral arrangements to accentuate the already immaculate blooming landscaped garden.
The bride and groom looked graceful and happy! We witnessed a romantic set-up and felt the surroundings were exceptional!
I wanted to showcase the lovely little detailing on the heels of the bridesmaids. How cute are those ribbons? They were sweet, pretty and fun! They can totally wear it at other events! I gotta get myself a pair of those!
The hotel’s Georgian Ballroom was tastefully lit in purple. The interior showcased hints of ornate elegance and historic class. When walking in, you will be enamored by its splendor.
What a truly magical moment! Marriage is something I truly treasure in my heart. To Tammy and Phillip, may your marriage always display your unending love for each other for everyone to witness. Congratulations!