One of my favorite key pieces this fall is a tweed jacket. Tweed jackets are inspired by Chanel is a must-have in every girl’s wardrobe!
Tweed Jacket | Aqua (similar/look for less)
Tank Top | Similar here by Miss Selfridge
Tailored Shorts | H&M (similar)
Heels | Yves Saint Laurent (similar here)
Clutch | Calvin Klein (love this)
Jewelry | Sterling Silver Heart Charm Toggle Necklace
Sterling Silver Heart Charm Bracelet (to buy | e-mail me here)
Watch | Freelook
I’ve been contemplating on getting one since last year’s fall season but held off until spring when they were priced at a fraction of the cost. This jacket, by Aqua, is an amazing deal I found on Amazon.com for $25! I feel extremely satisfied knowing I was able to purchase a quality item for more than at a fraction of its cost if I were to purchase them this fall or winter season. That’s one of my shopping secrets: Shopping off-season!
I’ve been waiting for the perfect opportunity to wear my fabulous fashion find and it came this Thanksgiving! I wanted to look casual but elegant. Tweed coats definitely make anything simple look more sophisticated immediately. That’s one of the reasons why it’s so amazingly useful!
While I was pairing the outfit, I realized that tweed coats stand-out on their own and pairing it with a basic tank is a great way to dress it down, like what I did. A tank top, as opposed to a collared shirt, makes the overall look more youthful. A great-fitting tailored pair of shorts was the perfect complement to my outfit. I definitely felt dressy while remaining comfortable and casual.
I would like to share with you my thoughts on some key things I realized when Picking Out The Perfect Tweed Jacket:
1. Color. Pick neutral colors that would go with a lot of items in your closet. Versatility is key!
2. Tailored Shorts, Skirts or Pants. These three pieces work best with tweed. Often, tweed is associated with being old-fashioned. The key is to modernize this piece with a bottom that’s modern-cut and looks great on your body—wide-leg, skinny, bootcut, etc. I like to pair mine with a pair of great fitting tailored shorts.
3. Say No to Elbow Patches. Avoid wearing tweed with elbow patches as these will look old-fashioned and academic, unless that is the look that you want to go for.
4. Pair it with a Tank or Tee. Try wearing a tank or t-shirt underneath if the weather is warmer; tweed can be quite hot to wear.
5. Wear it with Pumps. Whether its pointy, round-toe, or peep-toe, pumps can make legs look slimmer, and gives a wink of timeless playfulness. You cannot go wrong with pumps!
Here are the rest of the ways I paired mine:
If you are curious, this is the actual outfit I wore on Thanksgiving. I wanted to remain casual and cool, while obtaining elegance with a touch of glamour. As I’ve said before, black and white always does the trick for me and pairing it with this tweed was the perfect way to polish the look together. :)
I noticed this dandelion on Thanksgiving Day and couldn’t help but take this picture. I thank God for all the wishes and prayers that were answered this year. What a wonderful beginning for this holiday season! I hope you all had a memorable Thanksgiving weekend!